Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm a Gee-knee-us and I have grate vokabulairy

So, I haven't written in here in a while, and I probably won't for another while after this. I just wanted to add this comment that I viewed today because it's another utterly ridiculous one. I promise I don't intend for comments by random idiots to be the only thing I write about, or maybe I do because that is a pretty kick-ass idea. There are plenty of them out there.
But anyway, the context for this quote was that it was provided under a Cracked article that has to do with things that parents do for their child's best interests that end up harming them instead. One of the items it speaks of is sending children to school early because it has been shown in a study, that the writer provides a link for, that they are more likely to drop out of college, smoke weed, and have anxiety. This was item number four on the list, causing this challenged individual to spout off:
"#4 is flawed I may be an outlier but i started school at 3 and i test at a genius level with the vocabulary of a graduate student. This is just anecdotal evidence and thus unsubstanchated but a counter example know the less."
First of all, I'm not sure if it is just me, but "outlier" seems like one of the douchiest ways you could say outcast. It makes it seem like he is trying too much. Just use the word other people use for it.
Secondly, do you know what's unsubstanchated? Nothing. Because that's not a word, you giant tool.
We can still understand your argument, even past the fact that you turned nonetheless into proof of the fact that you "know less" than you claim (get it?) so we can still understand that you are saying it is just anecdotal, even when the writer clearly provided a link to the STUDY that provided the information he talks about. Do yourself a favor and never call yourself a genius with great vocabulary again, because you'll inevitably follow it up with a spelling error that a ten year old could point out and an illogical, nonsensical argument that has nothing to do with the subject matter.
You apparently missed the point of what they were talking about. They didn't say that kids who start school early are dumb or that they lack in vocabulary skills, but I say we start a study on that solely based on the fact that you exist.
After doing a little more research, i.e. looking at their profile on cracked. There are only two lines of information that they provided. One of these was about tacos and promised "garenteed satifaction." The other was his response to location:
"A fourth dementaional pocket in the space time continuem"
Ohhh... I see what the problem is. The fourth dementaion has improved upon the spelling of the measly third dimension.
Well, it's either that or the fact that you meant to say that you have the vocabulary of a preschool graduate student.
Please, for the love of God, prove this study wrong for yourself and stay in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment